Monday 22 April 2013

A Wrinkle in Time (Book 1)

Author: Madeleine L'Engle


It was a dark and stormy night. Meg Murry meets Charles Wallace Murry's friends, Mrs Who, Mrs Which and Mrs Whatsit, who take  them off to find their father who disappeared whilst he was working on a tesseract project. Charles, Meg and their new friend Calvin travel to faraway planets in search of their father. When they arrive at the planet their father is trapped on, Charles is kidnapped by the master of the little town they arrive at. Can Calvin and Meg get Charles and Mr Murry back?

I like how on the planet that Mr Murry is trapped on everyone does everything exactly the same, like robots.

Tesseract



2 comments:

  1. Hey Mia, this is a very old book that kind of details time travelling. Well that's the impression that I got. What do you think? I was just wondering if you read this book because of 'When You Reach Me' by Rebecca Stead? That book sort of mentioned 'A Wrinkle in Time' and explored time traveling in some ways also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Con. Sorry for the slow reply! This book was recommended to me by a librarian I know. Recently I have been reading 'When You Reach Me' over and over again and I realised how much it mentioned 'A Wrinkle in Time'. I like stories with a bit of time traveling and a bit of interesting and confusing problems, questions, facts and answers. 'A Wrinkle in Time' seemed to fit the description.

      Delete